09 June 2009

Wisdom from an intern

We have interns in office from time to time. Seeing them, I am reminded of my attachment when I was in Year 3, being bored (sometimes) to death, but being very carefree.

I normally make the effort to talk to them unless they look so unfriendly that it really is difficult to try to do anything. But actually most of them are just shy.

So today I was waiting for the lift to go home and two of the interns were already there. One of them was carrying a fencer's 'sword', possibly going for training later. Being kind of keen in martial arts, I engaged in some small talk with him about how long he has practised and whether he was any good.

Then I asked him," If you were in a fight, would you be able to use your fencing skills, pick up a stick or something and fight?"

Guess what he said?

"I think I will run away!"

Wise indeed =) In fact, I recall Jet Li saying the same thing.

No comments: