27 January 2008

Inconsiderate people


After I finished walking my dog, I sat down on the ledge at the void deck, both to read the morning's newspaper and to let Dana rest before heading home.

I noticed a few scraps of cloth were being thrown down. When I looked up, I noticed some activity on the seventh floor, the owner was probably clearing up the ledge below the bamboo holders.

Suddenly, a whole package flew down and dropped to a loud "Thud"! Alarmed, I walked out and looked up at the seventh floor. A middle aged auntie looked down and me and apologetically said "Sorry. I will go and pick this up later."

I waited for around 10 mins and no one appeared to remove the offending package, which I saw were a pair of sports shoes tied in a plastic bag. Even later after I finished my lunch and came back home, the shoes were still there.

Really, like MM said recently, a gracious Singapore will take a long time to come.

No comments: