19 November 2007

The New Kallang Leisure Park

Since this new mall was very near to my place, decided to pay it a visit before all the shops opened and the place becomes too crowded for my liking. But the thing is it is still very bare of shops and shoppers now and really not much to see and do. However, I liked the feeling of spaciousness and the sense of emptiness of the building now .
Even in such a mall devoid of shopping opportunity, I managed to spend $115 on a new badminton racket which was exactly the same as the one I had. Probably because of my long lay off, the timing of my strokes were off when I played yesterday, the badminton frame broke (see photo below) when a shuttle hit the frame. Anyway, I know the owner John of the racket shop (he was helping out at the Bras Basah shop which I frequented) and he gave me a good price for the racket which came with Yonex BG66 strings, a racket handle grip and a sports water bottle.

The mall also has a bowling alley and ice skating rink which are already opened. If you are a fan of either, this is a good time to go as the place is not very crowded. I was thinking of trying out the ice skating rink, but at $14 for 2 hours, it is money better saved for something else.

There is also a Cold Storage in basement which is very cold....haha. I had a very enjoyable shopping experience there.

No comments: