16 December 2009

Of Supermen (aunties too)

I meet Supermen (aunties too) when I drive out from my carpark, navigate the minor routes that round the market and via the main entrance and finally to the main road.

These people cross the roads with nary a hoot to whether cars are approaching. Some walk with noses in the air daring the drivers. Of course, I dare not bump into them so when I see these Supermen, I politely slow down the car.

Reading the ST yesterday, there was an article of a driver (with an alledged embassy plate) who beat two traffic lights and knocked down 3 people and seriously injuring two of them.

So I am feeling worried for these Supermen. They become used to cars giving way that they lose sensitivity of approaching cars. If they should encounter the hit-and-run driver mentioned in the earlier paragraph, I hope they will be able to realise early to "siam".

No comments: