18 July 2009

Good Time, Not So Good Food

Towards the end of the meal, HS said,"I would rather have paid $10 more to eat better quality food, or we might as well have gone to a hawker centre." I couldn't have agreed more.

I meet this group of NTUBS friends once in a long while, and because of this we normally splurge on a better dinner. The last dinner I had with them was an ala-carte buffet dinner at Suntec's Pearl River Restaurant and I still had good memories of the food.

I arrived early and was seated. Then GM called me and said they are switching the dinner venue to the Congress (I think so) steamboat buffet because MH liked the experience of cooking his own food!

It turned out to be not a clever thing because the quality of the food was poor. The raw seafood, apart from the prawns, were not fresh and had an unpleasant odour. I mostly ate the cooked food and drank my pork bone steamboat stock which was in fact quite good and the only saving grace.

I am defnitely not going back there again, ever.




My pork bone stock with only tang-oh vegetables.
HK had to settle important office matters throughout the dinner. He looked tired.

Adjourning to Mc Cafe for a late night cuppa.
With GM, friends since Sec 1.

No comments: