31 May 2009

Wushu Performance

I attended a wushu performance put up by my 'former' school. Though I am no longer taking lessons, I still have a keen interest in wushu. The photo above shows the curtain call with the trainers in white (after their finale taiji performance). The gentleman on stage-left in a black jacket with a bouquet of flowers is Mr Di Guang-Wen, Chief Coach and former all-round wushu champion. He also acted in the series 'The Legend of Bruce Lee' which is showing on Channel 8 now. He plays Bruce Lee's Wing-Chun senior Guo Xin-Li.

Actually, before I stopped lessons, I was to be involved in one of the items for the performance and trained for 3 lessons but had to give it up in the end because the training clashed with my weekly Saturday badminton game.

If I had carried on, I would be clad in the yellow jumpsuit Bruce Lee made famous and my guess is I may not look very flattering in it.

No comments: