28 September 2007

Muthu's Curry

Had dinner with NTU friends at Muthu's Curry at its Race Course road main branch. Expecting a typical shophouse setup, I was surprised to see a glass pannelled modern looking restaurant occupying the equivalent of 3 to 4 shophouse space. Muthu's curry is known for its fish head curry. Although the fish head was fresh and fleshy, the curry is nothing to shout about. It is OK but not special. The masala chicken was good though, and we used the curry as a dip for the freshly baked roti and naan. Dessert was interesting. We each had a gelato. Each gelato came in the fruit of the flavour. For example, the peach gelato came in a peach, and the coconut gelato came in half a coconut shell. For a crowd of seven, the total damage was $203. Would I go back again. I guess not in the near future.

5 comments:

Yang said...

A few months back, me and a few colleagues went Muthu Curry for lunch, it was a farewell lunch for a technician who was going back to his family in India after working with us for 5 years. There are 5 of us, I remembered the cost was $120 and we didnt have any deserts; only nasi bryani each and 3 more dishes to share. I personally find it too expensive and we have not returned for any more meals after.

Yee Ching said...

I really enjoyed the gathering. Although we did not really contact each other for years, it was nice that we could warm up to each other so fast. The laughter brought a lot of merriment to the dinner and made the experience very enjoyable and memorable.

I must say, i was very impressed with the elegant and classy ambience right in the heart of Farrer Road. That probably was one of the reasons why it was so expensive.

Food-wise, haha, i really enjoyed the prawn roll. It was crispy on the outside, and very tasty on the inside. Think it was fresh prawns.

I love the coconut ice-cream too. Nice to taste other flavors too, rock melon, pineapple, haha, it really came with the shell. that was really quite interesting...

Service wise, i think it was not too bad. At least they are responsive to our needs and quite courteous. :)

GB said...

Thanks Yixin for your comments. For my NS friends, let me introduce a young and pretty lady. Her name is Yixin.

Yee Ching said...

Haha, my name is not Yixin, it's Yee Ching :)

GB said...

Haha, so sorry about that. I recall you said to remember your name by remembering Fei Yuqing. Yet I managed to forgot. Age is catching up...