11 August 2009

UP

WARNING: If you have yet to watch Pixar's animated film "UP". In order not to spoil the anticipation and suspense, you may not want to read this.



Caught the movie yesterday. First time in 3D format. :)

Something which I wanna watch long time. It has got many good reviews. I remember reading somewhere that "...it's almost impossible for Pixar to make a bad film..." I couldn't agree more.

Watching its trailer, the chubby boy and the grumpy old man amused me and I was thinking they made a good pair for some good humour! True enough, they did. BUT what carved a deeper impression in me was the love between Carl and Ellie. Both sought to go on the same adventure. Despite trying their best, they could not get there together... but Carl (the grumpy old man), for the love to his wife, was determined to fulfil her dreams.

Ok, trying not to say too much here, just in case I will spoil the fun. But a few scenes really brought tears to my eyes. Besides the first 15 mins or so, I particularly love the scene with old Carl flipping the same old pages of Ellie's adventure book... until the last few pages showing photos of the 2 of them, leading a loving marriage till their hair turned grey. And the words Ellie puts on the last page, simply "awwwwww..."



Catch it in the theatre! You will love it.

No comments: