29 April 2009

Meeting Linda at Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne

What a joy it was to see, walk and explore the Queen Vic Market. Before the trip, I have read up on the market on its official website and heard anecdotal reviews from my friend MK who did his farmer-to-scholar conversion in Melbourne. Now that I have actually shopped there, I think this is what all markets should be like!

I also met up with my 'ex'-colleague Linda who is now staying in Melbourne with her hubby Peiming during the course of his studies. We had an enjoyable gathering over breakfast and she showed us some interesting parts of the market, like the shop where two men pulled and kneaded mounds of sugar into candy.

Like she commented, it truly was good to 'see a familiar face' in a foreign land and to use Mandarin.

No comments: